You can get started by connecting to Lucid from Trelica using OAuth to grant Trelica access to:
- Sync users, including their roles within Lucid.
Additional features (with SCIM)
To take full advantage of the Lucid integration, you'll want to connect with User licenses, Provisioning or Deprovisioning enabled, which will require a SCIM bearer token. With SCIM enabled Trelica can offer the following additional features:
- Sync more detailed user information such as their status in Lucid, roles and licenses
- Sync groups
- Create users
- Deactivate users
- Assign/unassign licenses to users
- Transfer of user content to another user when unassigning a user's last Lucid license
You must be an administrator of Lucid in order to connect with Trelica; and you must have a Lucid Enterprise plan with SCIM enabled in order to connect with Provisioning or Deprovisioning enabled.
Connecting to Lucid from Trelica
To connect, simply go to Admin > Integrations > Lucid and click on the Connect button in Trelica:
You will then be taken to Lucid and asked to consent to Trelica accessing specific elements of your Lucid data:
Finding a SCIM bearer token
In your Lucid product, go to Admin > App Integration > SCIM
Click Generate token and Lucid will populate the Bearer Token field.
Actioning Lucid users
Note that Lucid supports auto-licensing. For auto-licensing, users will only be granted a license when they are available. You can enable this setting by navigating to the following settings in Lucid's admin panel:
Lucidchart settings > When a user requests a license... > Automatically grant license
e.g. if a person has left your organization, Trelica recommends using the Deactivate action which does both of the following:
- Setting the user to inactive.
- If you've got auto-licensing enabled in Lucid, this action is particularly important as a user can exploit it to automatically grant themselves a license after you've delicensed them.
- Delicensing the user.
- In Trelica you can perform this action on its own via the Edit licenses action and remove any/all Lucid product licenses assigned to the user.
- From a workflow you'll likely want to configure all of the following as licenses to remove:
- As you'll be delicensing the user from all products, Trelica will also transfer the user's content to the user defined when connecting the integration.
- Delicensing the user.
- In Trelica you can perform this action via the Edit licenses action. If you use the Deactivate action this will also prevent the user from accessing Lucid and requesting a license in future.
- If you delicense the user from all products, Trelica will also transfer the user's content to the user defined when connecting the integration.
- If you've got auto-licensing enabled in Lucid, a user can then automatically grant themselves a license when they need the product in future.
Useful Lucid articles