There are three main steps to configuring the connection - you may need help from an IT admin to complete the first step.
- Create credentials in Azure AD (an 'app')
- Configure Business Central to accept a connection from Trelica
- Connect Trelica to Business Central
Create a new app in Azure AD
This also involves multiple steps:
- Register the basic app details
- Assign API permissions
- Create credentials
Register the app
- Login to Azure and find App registrations:
- Click New registration.
- Enter a name (e.g.
- Choose Accounts in this organizational directory only (Single tenant)
- Enter a Redirect URI:
- Choose Web
- Click Register
Configuring API permissions
- On the API permissions tab, click Add a permission
- Under the Microsoft APIs tab choose Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Choose Application permissions and then under API tick API.ReadWrite.All
- Click Add permissions
- Finally, click Grant admin consent:
Create a new secret
- Go to Certificates & secrets
- Click New client secret
- Give the secret a name (e.g.
Trelica) and chose the Expiry duration that you are comfortable with (we recommend 12 or 24 months).
- Click Add
Collecting the IDs you need
You need three IDs which you can copy from Azure:
- From the Certificates & secrets tab copy the Client Secret Value (not the Secret ID)
The Client secret value will only be available for you to copy for a short period of time. If you are unable to view or copy it, then just create new one.
- From the Overview tab copy the Application (client ID) and the Directory (tenant) ID
Configure Business Central
- Search for
AADand click Azure Active Directory Applications:
- Click New:
- Paste the Application (client ID) from Azure AD into the Client ID field:
- Enter Trelica as the Description and then set the State to Enabled
- Ensure that the D365 BASIC ISV user group is assigned:
- Click Grant Consent:
- A popup will appear (you may need to allow popups in your browser). Click Accept:
- In the main Dynamics browser window, you will see a message confirming that Consent was given:
Connect Trelica to Business Central
- In Trelica, go to Admin > Integrations > Business Central
- Click Connect and enter the IDs that you gathered earlier:
- Click Connect again.
- Select the expense categories you want to import from, and click Import: