Trelica is a SaaS management platform that helps IT teams to identify and manage the apps that are in use within their organization.
When you set up Trelica for the first time, you will have connected Trelica to your identity provider, such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Entra ID or Okta. You can also configure integrations to other apps, such as:
- Business productivity tools and apps that your organization's employees use in the course of their work, such as Slack or DocuSign.
- Finance systems, such as NetSuite or Xero.
- HR systems, such as BambooHR.
- Device management systems, such as Jamf Pro or Kandji.
Trelica uses these integrations to collect usage data and other details. By collating this with information from other sources, Trelica provides insights that can help you reduce your SaaS spend, improve engagement and manage license renewals. You can also use integrations to manage app users from Trelica, including automating employee onboarding and optimizing license allocations.
Add new integrations
To add new integrations to Trelica, navigate to Admin > Integrations and then search or browse for the apps that you want to connect to. Select an app integration to view the data that Trelica will access and the permissions that Trelica will request when you connect it to the app.
To start the process, click Connect and then follow the on-screen instructions. Depending on the app, you may need to grant Trelica access via OAuth2 or generate an API key from the app and enter it into the integration settings. These options are discussed in more detail below.
In either case we recommend using a dedicated user account for each app, rather than using your own user account to log into the app and grant access.
If an app allows you to restrict API requests to particular IP addresses, you can add the relevant Trelica IP addresses to the allow list.
Trelica typically connects to apps in one of two ways: via the OAuth2 protocol or using an API key.
OAuth is an open standard which lets you delegate access to your data to another application. This means that you can easily instruct an app to give Trelica access to certain types of data. OAuth is the simplest way to control data sharing between SaaS apps.
The typical flow for configuring an OAuth integration is as follows:
- Click the Connect button in Trelica to initiate the connection to the app.
- Trelica sends a message to the app saying that you want to give Trelica access to certain types of data.
- The app asks you to log in.
- The app shows you what access Trelica has requested (e.g. access to user data).
- You click a button to authorize the request.
Where possible our integrations use OAuth as this gives you the simplest, most secure and flexible integration experience.
API keys are an older way of giving another SaaS app access to data. They're like a password, and they typically give quite broad access rights in terms of what Trelica can do. Some apps give you a single API key that you use for all the apps you want to connect, whereas others let you generate specific API keys for each app that you want to connect to (a better approach).
The typical flow for configuring an API key integration is as follows:
- Log in to the app you want to connect to.
- Find the page that displays the API key or allows you to generate API keys.
- Copy the API key to the clipboard.
- Return to the integration page in Trelica, and click Connect to initiate the connection to the app.
- Paste in the API key.
- Save the connection.
If you change or delete the API key that Trelica is using, the connection will be broken and you will need to reconfigure the connection in Trelica.
Refresh data from an integration
By default, data from integrations is refreshed daily. To refresh data manually, open the integration details page and click Refresh. Note that for spend data, Trelica pulls deltas by default.
More information about specific app integrations is provided in the following sections. If you need assistance or the app you want to connect to is not listed, please contact our Support and Customer Success team.