When connecting LinkedIn Learning to Trelica you you will be asked for a SCIM Token, Client Id and Client Secret. The SCIM token allows Trelica to utilise LinkedIn Learning's SCIM API for retrieval of your user list and associated user management actions. The Client ID and Secret allows Trelica to return utilization report data for your LinkedIn Learning users, which may be used to facilitate optimization of user licenses.
Create a SCIM Token
To generate a SCIM token in LinkedIn Learning:
- Log into LinkedIn Learning as an admin and navigate to Me > Authenticate.
- Click on Automate user management and expand the Configure SCIM section.
- In the Configure SCIM section, select Add SCIM.
- Enter a name for the configuration and set Auto-assign licenses to On. Then, click Generate token.
- Copy the Access token and then paste it into the Trelica integration configuration dialogue for LinkedIn Learning.
Generate Client Id and Secret
To create Client Id and Secret:
- Log into LinkedIn Learning as an admin and navigate to Me > Integrate.
- Select the Access content and reports via API tab and Expand the Generate LinkedIn Learning REST API Application section.
- Select Add application.
- In the Add LinkedIn Learning API application dialog that opens, enter "Trelica" as the Application Name, and add an Application Description.
- From Choose Keys, select Report.
- Click Next and accept the "Terms and Conditions".
- Copy the generated Client Id and Client Secret and paste them into the Trelica integration configuration dialogue for LinkedIn Learning.